Winnipeg, Manitoba Climate & Temperature
- Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada is at 49°54'N, 97°14'W, 239 m (783 ft). See map.
- Winnipeg, Manitoba has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Winnipeg, Manitoba is situated in or near the cool temperate steppe biome.
- The mean temperature is 2.4 degrees Celsius (36.3 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 38.1 °C (68.6°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype truly continental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach -10.9°C (12.3°F) on average falling to -21.2°C (-6.2°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 8.9°C (48°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of -3.4°C (25.9°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 24.8°C (76.6°F) and average low temperatures are 11.8°C (53.3°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 9.8°C (49.7°F) during the day and lows of -1°C (30.2°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 504.6 mm (19.9 inches) which is equivalent to 504.6 Litres/m² (12.38 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2192 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Winnipeg, Manitoba you would come out nearest to the climate station at Port-Aux-Francais, kerguelen islands, French Southern Lands where you would find a Tundra climate (Boreal rain forest biome).
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Dauphin, Manitoba, Canada - 238.7 kms (148.3 miles) NW
- Brandon, Mb, Canada - 194.7 kms (121 miles) W
- Portage La Prairie, Mb, Canada - 73.5 kms (45.7 miles) W
- Morden, Mb, Canada - 102.2 kms (63.5 miles) SW
- Langdon, Nd, Usa - 116 kms (72.1 miles) SSW
- Red Lake, On, Canada - 274.9 kms (170.8 miles) ENE
- Bissett, Mb, Canada - 164.6 kms (102.3 miles) NE
- Dryden, On, Canada - 321.4 kms (199.7 miles) E
- Simcoe, On, Canada - 321.8 kms (200 miles) E
- Kenora, On, Canada - 206.1 kms (128.1 miles) E
- Roseaue, Mn, Usa - 135.4 kms (84.1 miles) SE
- International Falls, Minnesota, Usa - 316.4 kms (196.6 miles) ESE
- Grafton, Nd, Usa - 213.8 kms (132.9 miles) S
- Ada, Mn, Usa - 324.8 kms (201.8 miles) S
- Fargo, North Dakota, Usa - 337 kms (209.4 miles) S