Winnipeg, Manitoba Climate & Temperature
- Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada is at 49°54'N, 97°14'W, 239 m (783 ft). See map.
- Winnipeg, Manitoba has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Winnipeg, Manitoba is situated in or near the cool temperate steppe biome.
- The average temperature is 2.4 degrees Celsius (36.3 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 38.1 °C (68.6°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype truly continental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach -10.9°C (12.3°F) on average falling to -21.2°C (-6.2°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 8.9°C (48°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of -3.4°C (25.9°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 24.8°C (76.6°F) and average low temperatures are 11.8°C (53.3°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 9.8°C (49.7°F) during the day and lows of -1°C (30.2°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 504.6 mm (19.9 inches) which is equivalent to 504.6 Litres/m² (12.38 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2192 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Winnipeg, Manitoba you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Port-Aux-Francais, kerguelen islands, French Southern Lands where you would find a Tundra climate (Boreal rain forest biome).
Winnipeg, Manitoba Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Winnipeg, Manitoba Climate Graph in Metric Units
Winnipeg, Manitoba Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Dauphin, Manitoba, Canada - 238.7 kms (148.3 miles) NW
- Brandon, Mb, Canada - 194.7 kms (121 miles) W
- Portage La Prairie, Mb, Canada - 73.5 kms (45.7 miles) W
- Morden, Mb, Canada - 102.2 kms (63.5 miles) SW
- Langdon, Nd, Usa - 116 kms (72.1 miles) SSW
- Red Lake, On, Canada - 274.9 kms (170.8 miles) ENE
- Bissett, Mb, Canada - 164.6 kms (102.3 miles) NE
- Dryden, On, Canada - 321.4 kms (199.7 miles) E
- Simcoe, On, Canada - 321.8 kms (200 miles) E
- Kenora, On, Canada - 206.1 kms (128.1 miles) E
- Roseaue, Mn, Usa - 135.4 kms (84.1 miles) SE
- International Falls, Minnesota, Usa - 316.4 kms (196.6 miles) ESE
- Grafton, Nd, Usa - 213.8 kms (132.9 miles) S
- Ada, Mn, Usa - 324.8 kms (201.8 miles) S
- Fargo, North Dakota, Usa - 337 kms (209.4 miles) S